If you have referred yourself for counselling and somatic therapy then, apart from me (Anwar Ravjani), no one will know you have attended or what was discussed.
If you feel that someone may need to know information about your therapy
sessions then I ask that you make this clear to me at the beginning
of the sessions. For example, if you have been referred to me by a third party
it may be in your interest for there to be some liaison.
As part of my professional obligations, from time to time I may need to share
and discuss some of the information in our sessions with a supervisor, always under a strict confidential and professional framework. The client identity is always kept anonymous.
In certain circumstances, I may have to make exceptions to the general
rules of confidentiality, these are listed below:
- If I think there is a serious risk of harm to yourself or others.
- Where I suspect you are in danger and cannot contact you.
- Where there is a legal requirement to disclose information. This could
be because it has been ordered by a court.
Notes and Record Keeping
My policy is to keep minimum notes and records. The information I store includes:
- Personal information, such as your name, date of birth, address etc;
- Background information form that you have completed;
- Confidential case notes (describing the main focus of the session with
any important information);
You can request in writing to see the information held on you.
If you have any concerns about this policy on confidentiality and note-keeping,
you are welcome to discuss it with me.
I (Anwar Ravjani) am an Accredited Counsellor and multi-disciplinary somatic therapist with the Complimentary Therapies Association (CTHA). Any complaints about me should be made through CTHA on 0203 766 1176